FURD is seeking a dynamic, committed person to join our board as Chair of Trustees. We welcome applications from people with relevant expertise and experience, willing to commit around a day a month. Reasonable travel, childcare and other expenses are offered.
Football Unites Racism Divides (FURD) is seeking to appoint an individual to lead the board of trustees of this highly regarded charity who will provide a committed leadership to the Board and the Chief Executive Officers helping to further develop its commitment and vision to develop connected cohesive communities.
The role of the chair requires someone with strategic vision, strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
FURD is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity, FURD is a local organisation rooted in anti-racism and community cohesion.
This is a voluntary role and the post is for an initial three years. The Board meets 6 times a year and it would be hoped that the Chair would be available to meet from time to time with the Chief Operating Officers between meetings.
The Chair will have the following attributes:
- An understanding of the different operational contexts of the public, voluntary and private sectors
- Significant experience of leadership at either an executive or non-executive level
- An awareness of governance and monitoring board performance.
- A strong commitment to organisational development/improvement.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, political awareness and a personal affinity towards the values of FURD.
- A passion for community development particularly increasing participation, and a commitment to promoting diversity and equality
Further information and a full role description are available. Please contact Mehrun Ahmed on 0114 2589601 or Mehrun@furd.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th June 2016.
Interview will be the week commencing Monday 27th June 2016 and applicants are asked to ensure they are available to attend.